Petit Poucet is a replacement of Google Maps with some features that you need when you walk, features lacking in the original application.
With Petit Poucet you can
- from time to time, simply put a marker of your position, just with one thumb
- look at your altitude
- survey the compass
- look at all markers in order, for example, to retrieve the point where you left your car
- take a picture, you'll know later your location and altitude at the time you took it
- review the time between two markers
- survey the state of the GPS satellites used for the positionning
- look at the trips made before, long after, as each trip and each marker is automatically saved
- rename or delete, when you want, any mark : just click on it on the map
- easily transfer the pictures to your pc with a USB cord : they're sorted by date
- retrieve the location of a mark by clicking on it on the list
And this is simple, the application having been designed by a hiker who didn't want to sit and look at his Android device, but just pick a look when needed.
Here are a few screenshots :
- You don't have to give a name to all your marks, nor to all your trips. You'll be able to find them by date anyway. And to name them later if you like.
- You can suppress the unwanted pictures directly on the SD card, from your PC, if you want. But you can keep a lot of them on the SD card, that's not a problem.
- You won't be able to take photos while your device is connected to your PC and you're browsing the SD card. But this won't usually be a problem...
- The GPS is more accurate if you're outside and far from high walls or buildings.
- A long clic on a stone in the list opens a menu, enabling you, for instance, to look at the photo.
- On the edit dialog, a clic on the picture opens it.
- 2010/03/03 version 1.1.2 : Various little changes
- 2010/02/27 version 1.1.1 : Correction of a crash on Spica and Cliq devices
- 2010/02/10 version 1.1.0 : Now Petit Poucet can take and manage pictures
- 2010/01/29 version 1.03 : Petit Poucet now runs on Android 1.5 too
- 2010/01/29 version 1.00 : first release, only for Android 1.6 (and following versions)
The easiest way is to follow this link when you're browsing this from your Android device : Petit Poucet on the Market or to scan this QR code with a barcode reader.
If you really need a direct link to the apk file, here it is : Petit Poucet for Android.